To many of us, the law is seen as boring as it is complicated, however there have been many movies about law (and lawyers) that have become well-known classics. Below is a list of the best ones.
A Few Good Men (1992) Two US Marines charged with killing a fellow Marine (Private Santiago), they are defended by Kaffee and Galloway. Did they kill him in cold blood or were they just following orders.
Tom Cruise as Lt. Daniel Kaffee (Lawyer) who is known for seeking plea bargains.
Demi Moore as Lt. Cdr. JoAnne Galloway (Lawyer) convinces Kaffee that the accused marines were most likely carrying out an illegal order from their commanding officer, Jessep.
Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan R. Jessep, CO of Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba.
Quote "You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives."
Kiefer Sutherland as Lt Jonathan Kendrick.
Quote #1 "No, I like all you Navy boys. Every time we've gotta go someplace to fight, you fellas always give us a ride"
Quote #2 "Private Santiago is dead, and that is a tragedy. But he is dead because he had no code. He is dead because he had no honour, and God was watching."
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) When a string of brutal murders terrorizes London, it only takes a short period of time for legendary detective Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson to find the killer, Lord Blackwood. Blackwood has a bigger scheme in mind, and his execution plays right into his plans. The game is afoot when Blackwood seems to rise from the grave, plunging Holmes and Watson into the world of the occult and strange technologies.
Even though the movie is based around London legal scene between 1837 and 1901, the street scenes were filmed in cobbled alleyways in Chatham (Kent) and Manchester. Brompton Cemetery was the only place in London used, and for one scene only.
Robert Downey Jr as Sherlock Holmes, legendary solver of crimes.
Jude Law as Dr Watson, his crime-solving partner.
Mark Strong as Lord Blackwood, a devotee of the dark arts.
- The Devil's Advocate (1997) Awaiting details ...
- Erin Brockovich (2000) Awaiting details ...
- The Firm (1993) Awaiting details ...
- The Pelican Brief (1993) Awaiting details ...
- The Client (1994) Awaiting details ...
(C) 2018 ~ 2019 XR1 - Stats